Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lets Talk Boogers!!!


"I'm the real boogieman!!"

Tis the season!!!!  There is nothing I hate more than winter. Not because of the cold and the snow, although those are a thorn in my side, but because it brings the snot!!  Any person who works or has worked or even has children knows what I'm talking about. Its not the clear normal kind. No, we are talking the clumpy and sticky green kind. You know, the kind that hangs in a bubble right between the nostril and the upper lip. The kind of snot that requires ten tissues just to wipe safely away without it seeping through to your hands. The kind of snot that even The Licker (the child that constantly tries to lick the booger away instead of walking that two inches to get a tissue) can't remove with their tongue.

Teaching preschool, I have learned that there is nothing I can do about the booger epidemic. Four and five year olds have this ingrained notion that the tissue is the enemy. Its the boogieman (haha, no pun intended!) that evidently scares the crap out of them because they will use anything, sleeve, blanket, your favorite cardigan, to wipe their noses. Anything and everything EXCEPT for the one thing mechanically designed for the wiping of boogers!

Now, I am sure you must be wondering why I am devoting an entire post to the topic of snot. And although it probably would be a good segue into reminding you of the importance of hand washing, but if you work with kids you don't need the reminder since its probably one of the most repeated phrases of your day.  So, the only reason that I can give for a post on snot is that I wanted to vent a little! Since the title of this blog is Things I Learned in Preschool, I guess I should have learned a lesson and I guess I did. Here it is: As long as there are preschoolers, there will always be boogers! Hey, at least I don't have to deal with poop! Oooooh, wait, actually I do, but that's another post for another time.  Happy Nose Blowing, Preschool Peeps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment